Tuesday 7 August 2012

What's On Your Mind
"what's on your mind?" Facebook asks me everyday I log in. And I, which is not very often, as my friends will agree, land up writing something sad, or cynical, or pathetically pseudo-intellectual. Well, and there are people or well, 'is someone' there in the FB world bout whose "impressions of me" i really care about (u see, am not one of those smart, hep phlegmatic individuals who can do without caring). So, i have often done this crazy thing of typing some "of the moment impulse" status updates and then comfortably deleting them before anyone saw them. Crazy, you think so. I wager you're on the right track.
But today, hell ya, lets come out with wht's in my mind.
Joke..that's the word.. i finally got the joke of life and am laughing my heart out. Want to throw a party, have a barbecue, only tht my right leg hurts. Some muscle thought it will play around a little while i was asleep, nd well seems it fell in love with some other muscle nd lo, they are all entangled and am feeling the pain of their love... and whnever i stand up, their love-making picks up momentum.
Well, so mashi, who prepares my food and has kept me alive for four years in kolkata and who is also privy to a lot of of my sulking romantic attitudes, is down with fever. And am following a highly balanced diet, to say the least.. almost nothing by the morning and heavy "butter masala something" recipes by night. Yesterday i tried my hand at cooking..well it turned out well, all that potol-er dalna and uchhe bhaja, but my leg.... it is supposed to be pampered with rest, so no cooking today.. maybe intention is to make the lovers get bored from being in the same position and separate... but errr.. wht if its "true love"... sucks!
Just finished reading some highly philosophical stuff. Thinking of getting on with another book. That's the best way to keep your own creepy thoughts at bay. But FB reminded me of my mind....
And here i am with this essay..
well, i have been missing Mr. Somebody a lot today. we talked for two minutes, i lazying round at the corner of my bed and he in some busy cubicle of his office; i in my crazy tone, he in a rather dignified official tone. The serious reserved tone made me feel nice, assured is the word, of what, don't ask me.. i myself don't know.
Well, and I did this tedious job of actually posting this on FB. And then I was already thinking of deleting this post.. but flip, here i changed my mind as smoothly as i change my numbers every six month. And it remained. And i was flattered by the "likes", self-obsessed as I am.
Don't ask me about my mind, i can go on rambling for ages...
I guess this is my cue.. water will go away, yes, water goes away too.. so I better limp downstairs with the bottles and fill them...

No comments:

Post a Comment